Thursday, September 12, 2013

"Throw-it-Together Thursday": Black Bean Eggrolls & Dip

There are days when I just DO NOT feel like meal planning. I have 2 big dreams in my life: becoming a morning person & being more organized at meal time. Unfortunately, I don't see either happening in my near future. So. I throw a ton of meals together last minute. 
Here is an example.... Black Bean Egg Rolls.

What you'll need:
*eggroll shells *left over ground beef(I used 1/4cup) *1-2cups corn *1 tomato *1 can black beans *pepper & hot sauce to taste (Add 1/4 onion if it is on hand- I was out!)
  • Mix everything together and throw in cracked black pepper & hot sauce to taste. 
  • Spray your cookie sheet with olive oil spray (or whatever non-stick spray you prefer).
  • Once it is mixed together throw a couple of spoonfuls onto the egg roll shell. 

  • Fold the bottom corner up.
  • Fold in both sides of the egg roll shell making it look like an envelope.  
  • Next you will want to roll the top point down and tuck the point under the weight of the egg roll. I roll the entire egg roll once in the olive oil spray on the sheet before placing it down. It makes the entire roll crisp up. I only had 5 egg rolls shells left (remember it is: "Throw-it-Together Thursday"). Obviously I had a bunch of the black bean mixture left............
  • ....So let there be Bean Dip! Sprinkle the top with cheese & throw in the microwave for a few minutes to eat now. Or skip the microwave & freeze for later. My fiance & choose to eat it while the egg rolls were baking!
  • Cook the egg rolls at 400 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes. Then flip them over and cook an additional 5-7 minutes. Perfect! I served them with sour cream and cheese, but also great with salsa or avocado ranch. 





    ********************************************************************************************************
    Have a fabulous day friends! Stay tuned for "Favor Friday"!
    Hugs'n'Kisses,
    Sara



2 comments: