Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tastes-Good Tuesday: APPLE CRISP (& Amaretto)!!!

 http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a5/52/34/a55234befd764ce5436f7e7ccd10f8ad.jpg

New York is wonderful in October! My fiance and I spent Sunday walking the beach at Barcelona on Lake Erie looking for sea glass. (sorry Babe, I know I said I wouldn't tell your friends.) 
Followed by wine tasting at one of our local wineries. It was exceptionally warm for us this time of year- high 70's! Perfect! On the way home we stopped by the Busti Cider Mill & picked up a peck of mixed apples! 
YUM! I wish I could carry them around all day just to smell them! haha. If I come back in another life, I hope to live a year full of Octobers!! Anyways, I decided that we all need a good classic Apple Crisp Recipe in our lives, so I thought I'd share my favorite....

APPLE CRISP (& Amaretto)
What you'll need:

  • 8-10 cups of mixed apples
  • 1 cup quick cook oats
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup flour & 1 Tbsp flour
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1/4 cup of warm water
  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
 Step-by-Step:
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Peal, core & slice the apples. Layer them in a 9x13 baking dish. 
  3. Stir the white sugar, cinnamon & 1Tbsp flour together.
  4.  Spoon the sugar mixture over the layered apples. 
  5. Drizzle the warm water evenly over the sugared apples. 
  6. Stir together the oats, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda & melted stick of butter together. 
  7. Optional TOP Secret ingrediant: Mix in a dash of Amaretto!
  8. Sprinkle the crumbly mixture over the apples.
  9. Bake for about 45 minutes.
  10. ENJOY!!!!!
I love you a bushel & a peck!
********************************************************************
Have a fabulous Tuesday!
Hugs'n'Love, 
Sara
 

No comments:

Post a Comment