Monday, August 25, 2014

Little Man Baby Shower Invites

Making invitations might be one of my favorite parts about throwing a party. Seriously. I know I might be the lamest person ever. I actually get excited knowing people will get "fun mail" that day instead of the usual bills/coupons/junk mail. 

When I found out I was going to be throwing a "Little Man" baby shower, I couldn't help but get started on the invites. Keep in mind that I won't be sending these invitations out until October 1st, so the photos from the baby shower are going to be further down the road haha. I figured I would get them all ready minus the postage so they are ready to go. (I have a feeling this fall is going to be really busy with getting our baby's nursery done & actually having this little guy!!!!)

Here is the finished product:

 
They were actually really easy to make. I wrote up the invite on a word document making sure that the wording was centered using only 4inches <--THIS IS IMPORTANT! You need equal lengths on either side of the wording to fold the outer "shirt" fronts in.  Then printed them out on white card stock landscape style.
Once they were printed out, I stamped a mustache on the top. 


I created a tie outline out of card stock, traced & cut out 7 ties out of scrapbook paper. Secure them onto a regular sheet of paper & make copies on a color printer using card stock. 


Layer a thin layer of glue from the fold down to the bottom of the invite on one side & place the tie on. (I held them together with clothes pins while they dried b/c I hate getting glue on my hands. It also prevents sticking to the inside of the invite.)


These are larger invites, and I wanted to keep a little man feel to the packaging so I used 6inch X 9inch heavyweight brown envelopes. I made a quick template of a gift tag & traced onto each envelope to address them in style! 


All in all I think they turned out pretty cute.....and so much cheaper & more personal than ordering them online. Give it a shot girls/guys! I would love to see how yours turned out!

XOXO,
Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment